PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful when choosing a permanent make up technician.
The sad truth is that I have seen many permanent make up procedures gone wrong. Make sure the pigments used are organic and not tattoo ink. There is a huge difference. The procedure itself is not painful as the area is numbed but do note that with eyeliners and lips there is a fair amount of swelling after procedure which is uncomfortable.
Pre-Treatment Advise and Procedures:
- Since delicate skin or sensitive area's may swell or redded slightly, it is advised that you are not to make social plans for the same day. Lip liner may appear crusty for up to one week.
- Please wear your normal make-up to the the procedure. If you are having lips or brows done, please bring your favorite pencils.
- If unwanted hair is normally removed in the are to be treated (waxing or tweezing), the hair should be removed at least 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Electrolysis should not be done at least 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Electrolysis should not be done at least within 5 days of procedure. Do not resume method of hair removal for a week after procedure.
- Do not wear your contact lenses to your appointment and do not replace until the day after the procedure. (24hrs)
- If you are having the eyeliner procedure done, as a safety precaution in case of watering and swelling, we recommended that you have someone available who can drive you home if you so decide.If you are having the lip liner done and have had previous problems with cold sores, fever blisters or mouth ulcers, the procedure is likely to re-activate the problem. Your technician will make recommendation to help prevent or minimize the outbreak.
- Do not drink coffee the day of the treatment and avoid alcohol for a few days prior to treatment.
- You may take 4 Tylenol/Myprodol tablets an hour before treatment to make the procedure more comfortable.
- Do not use Aspirin or Ibuprofen for 7 days prior to your procedure.
- I you have any laser treatment done after permanent make-up, make sure the permanent make-up areas are covered with toothpaste or zinc oxide which is sun block.
Post Treatment Advise:
Immediately following the cosmetic tattoo procedure:
- Apply ice to treatment are for 10 - 30 minutes. Ice helps reduce the swelling and aids in healing.
For 14 days following the cosmetic procedure:
- Do not expose the treated are to the sun.
- You may apply make-up over the treated are, but remove only with Vaseline.
- Use absolutely no cleansing creams or chemicals. Gently cleanse the treated are with mild antibacterial soap. You may rinse with water and pat dry.
- Absolutely no scrubbing. Do not pick at the epithelial crust. Allow it to flake off on it's own. Do not soak the treated area in the bath, swimming pool or hot tub.
- Do not swim in fresh, salt or chlorinated pool water.
- Do not expose the treated are to the full pressure of the water in the shower.
- Apply antibiotic ointment/ accelerator cream to the area daily. This is especially important after cleansing and before bedtime. Use at least three times a day.
Failure to follow the post procedure treatment instructions may result in loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.
- Remember, colours appear brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses, colours will soften.
- Make-up may be used to tone down the colours until this time.
- If necessary, an appointment for touch-up procedure may be made 4 - 6 weeks following the initial procedure.
Our pigments are the only known pigments worldwide that have no iron oxides in the pigment.
Iron Oxide draws into the bloodstream causing the colours to fade and change colour. Usually to blue, pink or grey.
If you having laser treatments please cover the Permanent make- up are with toothpaste or zinc oxide (sun block).